Camellias

This mild winter is being good to the camellias. And Linda cares for them.

A freeze turns the leaves, buds and flowers brown, but recent weather has been encouraging and helpful so far. 

The White Empress is especially lovely right now. 

Some of the red ones too. The bright red single is one of my favorites.

Most or all of these are plants my mother transplanted from our house on Massalina Drive when they moved here after bringing this house back into the family in 1962.

Mama was an enthusiastic gardener years ago. Sometimes too enthusiastic for me at the time, because my responsibility during late Cove School and early Bay High years was to go straight home from school and work in the yard. Digging holes, mixing leaf mulch, fertilizer and dirt, planting azaleas and camellias.

Some of these camellias mama grafted. Some provided blooms for corsages mama made for me to take Linda for our Christmas Balls and Proms during our Bay High years. They are treasures.
TW+