mañana
A bowl of gumbo for breakfast, and for lunch a bit of cornbread with butter and two eggs over medium.
Only Linda's eggs are perfect to my taste, soft scrambled with cheese on Sunday mornings, and pan-fried over medium now and then, as just now.
Well, Big Mama's on the Bayou used to cook good eggs over medium for me when Robert and I ate breakfast there after our walks. I'd have black coffee, four eggs over medium, and cheese grits.
Our television is on hurricane coverage, we're bringing everything inside off both porches. The only troublesome item is the heavy slab of granite we brought from The Old Place. It has been inside these years until a few days ago when I moved it outside, therefore the hurricane comes and it has to be moved back inside: I may decide it has to stay inside after all, I'd hate to think that one piece of granite is what's causing the hurricane, but it's pretty clear that's the case, the cause & effect.
The other cause & effect that stirs hurricanes is when the meteorologist on television points to a low pressure area and draws their finger in a counterclockwise circle, thus triggering the movement.
We have some water here in case there's an electrical outage (an electric pump pushes our water up here to level seven, it doesn't flow up by gravity), but probably should see if we can buy more water later when we're out on our way to Pruitt to visit Malinda. I think the car's gas tank is full, but mox nix really, because we're not going anywhere. The garage should be high enough above sea level that the hurricane surge doesn't come in and flood, but nothing's assured.
The National Hurricane Center has these presentations to show us what a tropical storm is doing, but they seem to have quit using the plot that has a track line down the center of the cone. That's too bad, because watching the track line helped me see over the hours, whether the storm was wobbling and changing course our way. We would not leave for a category two storm in any event, remembering that when we went to bed on October 9th, 2018, Hurricane Michael was a category 2. We are being assured that that won't happen for Hurricane Isaias but trust has a way of fading and losing confidence, doesn't it. Fool me once &c, nomesane?
++++++++
Everything is inside on the Bay side porch except the table and chairs and a roller ice chest that holds Linda's plant supplies. Everything's inside on the Beck side porch except the table, the chair, and the slab of granite: is mañana good enough for me?
+++++++++
No bible commentary today. I'm busy trying to keep my weight down so I don't have to go back to the hospital, but the POD is early supper at Hunt's after we leave Pruitt. What? icy cold salty oysters on the half shell and a glass of water. What else? Lead us not into temptation, and deliver us from evil, amen.
RSF&PTL
T91
