Indianapolis?


Indianapolis?
General Convention 2012 convened July 5 and runs through today. In the news is that they approved the trial use of liturgy to bless same-sex unions. This was not unexpected and should surprise nobody.
My particular interest in General Convention has been the resolution to amend the canon that authorizes various translations of the Bible for use in our worship. The resolution proposed to add the new Common English Bible and The Message. From reading convention updates, it appears to me that the Common English Bible is still in the running, and that The Message has been struck from consideration.
The season finds me serving Holy Nativity Episcopal Church as Summer Priest while our Rector is away on sabbatical. There are two sides of this for me; first, that I am glad to be in +Time, alive and well and able to do this for the Rector and also for the parish; and also that taking on this honor is making my summer busier than usual. Enough busier with day to day ministry, that what the Episcopalians in Indianapolis are doing has been of marginal interest to me here on St. Andrews Bay.
TW+