Mom! Dad! Lookit me!


Waking this morning with black and dark, first to a delightful email filling me in on what's in the background when the osprey cam perspective is shifted to show off in the distance.



When I first tuned in the two chicks were both awake and alert, on the edge of the nest looking at the lights and not unlikely hoping their father would show up soon with breakfast.



Backing up the time slide on the display I watched one chick enthusiastic about the power of wings,



lifting completely above the nest while ignored by mom, dad, and sibling.


Also got an interesting shot of light off the creek as the setting sun glared brightly in everybody's eyes.

Fledging into the open sky of Colorado can't be far off, and after that learning to watch, hover, dive feet first, and snatch their own trout from the creek.



The mountain range is part of the Rocky Mountains, and the city off in the west background, I learned, is Longmont, Colorado, named for nearby Long Peak, a high, 14,000 foot mountain that, I think my large cursor arrow points to. And the road back there that I watch traffic on, making me feel like part of the scene, is Hover Road.

With thanks to C&N this morning!


Later!



T