not my land

 

Someone, likely the U S Coast Guard, was keeping an eye on the grounded burned out hulk of the shrimp boat, and replaced the white flashing light with an orange buoy marker that flashes bright red at dark.

It doesn't appear on the marine chart though ST ANDREW BAY (Marine Chart : US11391_P140) maybe is to be cleared at some early point, IDK what the rules are. It's a few yards offshore from my window, on the chart about where the middle finger of the hand is, and for a few days right after the fire, loaded tourist boats from PCB or Grand Lagoon were swinging in close to show folks.

Especially with the marine traffic to watch, this is an exciting place to live, 7H is, 

though it may be with the closing of the paper mill, ceasing traffic of the largest ships that come in here to East Terminal to load wood fluff, that most of the larger ships currently passing 7H enroute to and from West Terminal to load and unload general cargo, will be redirected to East Terminal, could also include the smaller ships working between here and Progreso. Seems unlikely for the large ships arriving to load wood pellets though, at least in the short term.

Evolution: everything changes, evolves, doesn't it. Life evolves. Panama City evolves. Port of Panama City evolves. America is evolving, political, cultural, economic, social, demographic, human decency, common courtesy, personality; Globally the climate and sudden and unexpected War; nationally a self-protective evil determined to put other people down, keep them "in their place", a return of darkness that I knew in the first half of the twentieth century. 

Somehow, I've lived past the brightest and best into the dusk, civilization fading into a new Dark Ages, even This land is your land, This land is my land, From California to the New York island, From the redwood forest to the Gulf Stream waters. Not in my generation, but in yours, will come knocking on the door in the dead of night,

a contrast to the Promise in our Revelation reading for the upcoming Sunday:

In the spirit the angel carried me away to a great, high mountain and showed me the holy city Jerusalem coming down out of heaven from God.

I saw no temple in the city, for its temple is the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb. And the city has no need of sun or moon to shine on it, for the glory of God is its light, and its lamp is the Lamb. The nations will walk by its light, and the kings of the earth will bring their glory into it. Its gates will never be shut by day-- and there will be no night there. People will bring into it the glory and the honor of the nations. But nothing unclean will enter it, nor anyone who practices abomination or falsehood, but only those who are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, bright as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb through the middle of the street of the city. On either side of the river is the tree of life with its twelve kinds of fruit, producing its fruit each month; and the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations. Nothing accursed will be found there any more. But the throne of God and of the Lamb will be in it, and his servants will worship him; they will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads. And there will be no more night; they need no light of lamp or sun, for the Lord God will be their light, and they will reign forever and ever.

+++++++++++

Earth, world, America. As it happens, I see it happen, what's happening, but I don't understand. I guess I don't need to understand. In bible Time, forty years ago a parishioner, Jack Kelly and his wife Becky went out to Kentucky or West Virginia or somewhere for the funeral of a relative. When they returned, Jack came to me to talk about the service, the community's sending away. And he asked me if I knew a hymn they had sung during the funeral service, "Someday we'll understand", said he really liked it, was very moved by it, could I find it for him, and maybe we could sing it at Mount Calvary. Honestly, I searched and searched hymnals, songbooks, my old lifelong favorite The Broadman Hymnal, and I found several, but never the right one, never found the one Jack wanted. It was years ago, a decade or more before the internet, but even Googling now I don't think I've come across it, and Jack and Becky are long dead anyway. But I still think about it. Maybe this, IDK

but I still don't think so.