get a life

 


Over the past thirteen plus years I've been writing this daily blogpost [well, some days I miss writing, like yesterday, when I was sermonizing because Sunday's coming], any number of people have assured me [I don't need assurance, I write it for myself as mental exercise, release, relief and all kinds of internal stuff including now and then to stir people up], assured me that they always ready my blog. And now and then someone goes on to say that they read it to see what kind of weird breakfast I ate.

My speaking the truth in love answer ["speaking the truth in love" is what self-righteous Christians say with smug certitude before they say something mean that is going to hurt or anger the other person], I tell them, "Get a Life!"

Still, I was thinking of them today, my breakfast groupies - - it's sort of like remembering the king's privy chamber - - as I fixed my breakfast. 

When I was a boy growing up, mama cooked breakfast for the family every morning, and called us to breakfast, and the rule was that you had to come to the breakfast table with your face washed and your hair combed, and you had to be in you chair when our father said the blessing or you had to miss the meal. Varying, it was always a proper breakfast. But in this house we fix our own breakfast whenever we want it [except for Sunday mornings, when Linda cooks us a nice breakfast], and it's whatever comes to mind.

My breakfast this morning, which I visualized last night, was a meatloaf dog. The picture shows it just before I added the Tabasco. We were surprised it didn't turn out as "Mom's Usual" meatloaf, but crumbly falling apart [I think Linda has forgotten her recipe, no matter], so it didn't work as regular meatloaf, nor sliced for meatloaf sandwiches, because the slice simply collapsed in a crumble. But it presents a great challenge for a breakfast dish with hot & black.

Spread the hotdog bun open and toast in the little oven. Cut off a hearty slice of leftover meatloaf, put the crumbles in a bowl, top with a slice of cheddar cheese, microwave for 60 seconds. Spoon the hot cheesy meatloaf onto the open hotdog bun, add more cheddar cheese to melt on top, and top with a line of mayonnaise. Finally, before biting into, drip your choice of hot pepper sauce along on top of the mayo. 

Eat and enjoy.

+++++++

We are heading for the Eye Center in a few minutes, so I have to stop and get ready.

RSF&PTL

T88&c