IDK

 


The sky darkens this morning - - from where I sit it appears to be coming my way from the west, southwest maybe, gray, grayer clouds over the Gulf of Mexico beyond Thomas Drive. But I'm certain of nothing, everything is perspective, and from where you are, the morning sky may not look that way at all. 

A favorite Bible line is Pontius Pilate, "What is truth?" And my response is that I'm not sure, I don't know, I know nothing. I'm not sure I saw two rainbows out there, but I did get a hint of a second one, more a suggestion or a hope; or maybe it was my imagination, my mind messing with its old man. I'm certain of nothing. I do know that anything can happen, all the more so the six months of hurricane season, and if we plan to be away more than a night, we need to clear all decks for action, porch side on the Bay and sidewalk side on Beck.

You know, there's no rainbow at all out there, what was I thinking. Seeing.

Morning now, daytime, solid gray out there, shades of gray, mottled, divided top and bottom by the, from here black, line that's called Shell Island, 

and pouring, driving rain at The Pass, rapidly coming my way. 

Perspective again, as distance and light change, it clarifies that Shell Island is not a black line, but white beach and green growth, trees and tall grass. What is truth?

As I say, daytime now, light; but half the Time is night, dark: looking out into the night sky, what do you see? stars or angels? God? Is God everything, or in everything, or above and beyond everything? You probably know exactly what God is: what you believe. But that's faith, not knowledge. Me, I'm more teetering than you, I have no answer to the question.

I do know this: the rain has arrived and is beating like all get-out against the Bay side windows here by my chair. And this: the Navy's diver tender craft just passed 7H, heading home to port. I'm guessing today must not be a good day for diver training, but I don't know that.

RSF&PTL

T