b b wolf & the pigs

 


Truth, I'm down to the end of this nonsense, but it's something to do mornings from Time to Time to jot down feelings, or happenings at 7H, or something political or religious that's eating at me.

Breakfast this morning, pan-cooked tomato slices, scrambled cheese eggs on top of wolf chili with grated sharp, interesting cheddar from TJ's. Pork, wolf, chicken, or beef, I'm easy about the brand of chili, but I buy mine with "no beans" and I think the other brand has larger chunks of meat. Enjoying breakfast, I couldn't remember whether the first two pigs escaped to brother Practical Pig's brick house, or were eaten by the Big Bad Wolf who huffed and puffed and blew their house down. House of straw, house of sticks. 

On Christ the solid rock I stand

all other ground is sinking sand,

all other ground is sinking sand.

Finishing up my birthday week after church today with a Botanical Gin martini and a super lump crab cake. Something green: tiny green lima beans, or tiny, thin green beans, or asparagus? IDK, that's not for me to say.

The more and more I coast down the slope of extreme old age, the less and less life is about being in charge. Working my jobs at Univ Florida, I liked the ones where I was in charge. Navy years I managed to be in charge more often than not. Early in the church I liked being in charge; but the best of all is just being a Helper as needed.

Remember, if you will, please, it's "Helper" because at eighty-seven I ain't nobody's Assistant.

Enjoying our new schedule that only involves 3:00 a.m. Sunday wakeup when I'm preaching or supplying.  Breakfast at seven, Time to stop and think and browse scores from yesterday's CFB games. 

BBC Sjard 470x76 arriving to unload general cargo. 

RSF&PTL

W