Skip to main content

Thursday evening


With the exception of a mentally ill One, I am confident that my political foes as well as my political allies are smarter than I am, or at least equal to my self-assessment? And of that One, I am bothered less by the figure her/himself than by those who vote for him/her. In fact, I once worked with an Episcopal priest who had that One's same disturbed personality, so I do have first hand experience of the instability of the situation.

But this is not about mental/emotional instability, this is about intellect; and, overwhelmed by shame at this week's unkindness to would-be immigrants to our country, unkindness perpetrated by the same class of people who devised and implemented the unspeakably evil policy of taking children away from immigrant parents, I appreciated this blog by one of The Atlantic writers to whom I subscribe. 

T