Junior High Girls



Breakfast, a slice of that canned Boston Brown Bread that I mentioned here some weeks ago, Philadelphia cream cheese spread on top; and my second mug of hot & black. Part of life, it's all Good. 

My first mug of hot & black was just after four o'clock early, out on 7H porch, pitch black dark, clear sky, a planet, a geostationary satellite midway up in the eastern sky over downtown Panama City. Far off to the south, so far beyond the horizon that I couldn't see streaks, glows of lightning that made me wonder, along with my obsessions about World War Two, if it was the explosion of a ship hit by torpedoes from a German u-boat. 

And then I remembered yesterday's sushi: I ate mine with raw tuna and salmon draped over; but there's some of the California Roll sushi I bought for Linda because she won't eat my swamp food. Food for marsh-wiggles is poison for humans. Three small slices of California Roll sushi, eleven seconds in the microwave, then soy sauce and eat, along with the last few sips of my hot & black.

+++++++++

Yes, it does occur to me that Uncle Bubba is quite a very strange person, but I suit me okay, so I put up with myself.

++++++++

Yesterday morning I posted the photograph and wrote a long blogpost to go with it. Then somehow, carelessly as happens from Time to Time, I evidently pressed a wrong button and it all disappeared beyond recall. I tried to recover it, then gave up, thinking, with my warped theology, that maybe Jesus didn't want me telling all that, so fine. Today I'm back with the picture, and just a brief explanation.

The photograph: I spotted it recently among a batch of pictures lifted from the History Class webpage or Facebook page. The photograph is of Linda Peters, Eleanor Ann Sale, and Phyllis Roll. 

It would be school year 1950-51, they were in 9th grade. They appear to be outside Jinks Junior High School, located at the Annie B Sale housing project that was on a dirt road a block or so north and a few blocks east of Bay High. Eleanor Ann seems to be stepping across a roadside ditch. Along with the Drummond Park housing project, the Annie B Sale housing project - - long barracks-like wooden buildings divided into housing units - - was built during World War Two to help accommodate the explosion of Panama City's population with military and civilians coming here to work at Wainwright Shipyard and at the military installation that sprung up here - - the Navy Base, Tyndall Field, and for a while there was a Coast Guard station just adjacent to the Tarpon Dock Bridge. 

Beginning school year 1950-51, Bay School District converted from elementary schools of grades 1st through 8th and high school of 9th through 12th - - to a three school system, with junior high schools grades 7, 8, and 9, and Bay High 10, 11, and 12. I was a sophomore at Bay High that school year. The three girls from Cove School, who remained a trio for years, right into college, went to 9th grade at Jinks Junior High.

This is Linda and me seven years later. leaving for our honeymoon -

Life moves along whether we are ready or not, doesn't it.

RSF&PTL

T