Friday the 13th

Panama City, 66° and 97% heavily overcast Florida Gulf Coast. Exactly three hours to sunrise Friday the Thirteenth of October 2023. 

Munching two slices of my apple as I sip first mug of hot & black. From online I have an apple chart and bought four apples at Grocery Outlet, including one Gala and one Fuji. To sample, have only cut the Fuji and the Gala so far, and the Fuji is definitely a bit more sweet. So, I'll stick with Fuji, which is what these two slices are.

Linda likes peanut butter on her apple slices, and I try that now and then, but I wanted just only the apple taste with my coffee this morning. Out of my September coffee club coffee, this is something off the shelf, but the October club coffee is on the way. Did you ever have something, a thing, not a neighbor, friend or loved one, but a material thing that significantly brightens your life twice a month - - the afternoon it arrives in the mail and the morning of the first cup? 

Try it, you may like it, Sam I Am.

+++++++++++

Last evening as I closed down my laptop and went into the bedroom, Linda turned off the television, which she thoughtfully does because of my general dislike of television unless there's a storm brewing. The news had been on, and I asked her to turn it back on. Big mistake. Big, big, big mistake. From Israel, the image of a crib in a bedroom, the sheet flooded with blood under the bullet-riddled corpse of an infant. People who have long known me know me as a baby person. People who know me well, and there are only two or three, know me as someone who never forgets and cannot forgive. Which may seem incompatible with being a priest who pronounces God's absolution; but I'm just a simple human being like anyone else, and, created in the image of God, I have my Being, take me or leave me.

coventrieren

Is there a sin difference between killing babies impersonally by dropping bombs from the sky versus shooting babies as they sleep in their cribs? Κύριέ μου, σὺ οἶδας. 

Who am I to judge? "Vengeance is mine," says the Lord. I judge anyway; the image is indissoluble and I judge, moving from fair Reason to unbridled passion.

In deepest sorrow, it occurs to me that enough is enough, that life can be too long, and we can learn too much about each other, and that too much is enough.

+++++++++

Today, God willing: shave, shower, haircut, Pruitt, maybe shop for Children's Time treats for Sunday morning; home, wings & ribs, maybe a cold brown bottle of Pilsner Urquell, my favorite beer. 

Kyrie, eleison.

T88&c