Khaled

Khaled Joudeh, 9, mourning over the body of his baby sister, Misk, last month in Deir al Balah, Gaza.Samar Abu Elouf for The New York Times

Thousands of children have been killed in the enclave since the Israeli assault began, officials in Gaza say. The Israeli military says it takes “all feasible precautions” to avoid civilian deaths.


Barefoot and weeping, Khaled Joudeh, 9, hurried toward the dozens of bodies wrapped in white burial shrouds, blankets and rugs outside the overcrowded morgue.

“Where’s my mom?” he cried next to a photographer for The New York Times. “I want to see my mom.”

“Where is Khalil?” he continued, barely audible between sobs as he asked for his 12-year-old brother. A morgue worker opened a white shroud, so Khaled could kiss his brother one final time.

++++++++++++++++++

There's nothing to be said or done. I wrote a commentary for this, but it was embarrassingly inadequate, because nothing could possibly be adequate, so I took it down. Khaled's predicament is heartrending. What does his future hold? How long, how many generations does it take to forgive & forget, or to forgive but resolve never to forget, or simply to forget?

And BTW, I know full well that NYT lacks credibility with some Americans, and that this NYT coverage has an agenda. And I know the 7 October Sabbath. None of that helps Khaled, a little child.  

RSF&LHM

T88&c