and fish hawks circling by


Saturday's most interesting thing that happened to me at 7H was watching two of Boulder County Fairgrounds' three osprey chicks wait for, and then fight over, a fish that their father bird delivered to the nest. They waited, Dad arrived, the male chick (pure white chest feathers) fought with one of his sisters (dark feathered chest feathers), and this Time the brother bird won and commenced to tear bites from the fish.

Dad brought a headless fish, which means he'd helped himself to a few bites before bringing it to the nest for the chicks to fight over. I captured some of the action in the screenshots below, some of them I dragged onto the blogpost out of order and I'll not try to correct it for fear of creating general chaos.

Anyway, that's the extent of this blogpost.

For creation as it is

RSF&PTL

T90




























The title line is from the first stanza of William Alexander Percy's poem "His Peace" - -
 "I love to think of them at dawn, beneath the pale, pink sky, casting their nets in Galilee, and fish hawks circling by."