Tuesday after Friday
Tuesday it is, Tue Aug 11 8:35 AM by my computer clock. It's discouraging to write when the Facebook link to them has stopped taking the pictures, but I'll try this morning.
The building is beautiful inside with the hallway and four fully equipped modern classrooms, and the outside that so precisely matches the original 1937 building (as beautifully refurbished after Category 5 Hurricane Michael ravished it).
My keys still work, I reckon, but I've retired from my "ownership" role on the Holy Nativity School Foundation board, so I'll make sure to clear with the Head of School before I take the liberty of going inside after hours to walk the hall as I did now and then, frequently and gradually less and less so, over the past 2026 - 1998 = 28 years.
Everybody's got a laughing place, the HNES Cove School Bill Lloyd Building is my Holy of Holies, the place where I can go when I need to.
+++++
Life is so full of gratitude, thankfulness, to people who have honored one in so many ways over the years. Specifically involving this property, formerly Cove Elementary School, the deed now held by the Holy Nativity School Foundation and leased to the Episcopal Diocese of the Central Gulf Coast for use by Holy Nativity Episcopal School and the local community, in my heart and mind are, perhaps from farthest back, and sketchily popping to the top of my list as related to the project this morning - - Linda Peters, Virginia Parker ... Beverly McDaniel, Ray Kelly, Kristen Kelly, Lucy Peters, Bill Lloyd, June Lloyd, Rayford Lloyd, Carolyn Cramer, Amy Moody, Judy Hughes, Cynthia Fuller. Robert Padgett goes in there somewhere around 1942 or 2000.
Gratitude, it's what Time and life are all about, eh?!
RSF&PTL
T90
top pic is out 7H bedroom door this morning