an eight o'clock Sunday

With 7H unlivable from October 2018 into August 2019, we had a ten month hurrication after Hurricane Michael. Linda is determined that won't happen after Hurricane Isaias, but we are living with four deafeningly noisy blower dryer dehumidifier machines to, hopefully, remove the water that leaked from way high on the Harbour Village south tower down into 718 and poured up through the vinyl tile flooring in our kitchen, dining area and hall as the storm raged Friday evening.  

Frantic with throwing down towels to soak up the water Friday evening, we did a lot of good, but Saturday found the flooring still squishy and water oozing up through cracks between the tile panels. The quick action with a contractor and drying machines is to minimize damage including get the jump on things before mold sets in, but it's hopeful and experimental with the idea of avoiding having to tear up and replace the flooring that was put in new after Hurricane Michael destroyed the wood flooring. 

There's still a question of moisture inside the exterior, east, wall, and whether drywall will have to be torn out, insulation replaced, new drywall hung, and walls painted. If it comes to that, we could be facing another hurrication, because living in a construction zone is sheer hell.

One thing I've noticed about life is that nonagenarians don't appreciate being inconvenienced, nomesane? 

Still and all, it's all under control, we don't need any assistance, the new television has brilliant color, Life is Good, baruch ata, Adonai Eloheinu, melek ha-olam, shehecheyanu all the same, and I mean it, RSF&PTL.

++++

Eight o'clock church is Linda's POD for us this morning. Kristen is safely in NYC visiting with a friend from Emory, my pins and needles won't resume until her flight Time this coming Thursday. In the meanTime I'll drive her car and see whether it needs any maintenance. Driving back and forth between life in PCB and work in PC, she puts a lot of daily miles on it. I'm hoping it continues to run happily for more miles and years.

Linda is cooking our traditional Sunday morning breakfast of scrambled cheese eggs, and Time is passing when I should be shaving and showering, so closing this down now.

As I say,

RSF&PTL

T91