Good folks kindly invite me to be friends on Facebook and other social networking sites, and I generally accept if I remember; but basically I don’t “do” sites other than my blog. Rational or not, my concern has always been risk of privacy invasion and of having spyware, bugs, viruses and such planted in my computer. But it would be naive of me to assume that my postings anywhere on line, including Blogger are seen only by friendly faces.
At the bottom of my +Time blogspot is a link for Comments, and when someone posts a comment, Blogger notifies me by email. Yesterday there was this comment:
pastedGraphic.pdf
i j said...
Dawn,Jang,Nawaiwaqt,Express Jobs ads in http://allpkjobz.blogspot.com Pakistan with all paper admission,careers and Classified Ads
The hyperlink is to a website about jobs in Pakistan. It may be some computer-generated posting, but it was unsettling. Paranoid? As someone said, just because I’m paranoid, that doesn’t mean they’re not out to get me.
My CaringBridge postings began with the grim prognosis that followed my visit to the ER and cardiac unit at BayMed last October, through the risky wait for surgery at Cleveland Clinic. CaringBridge is a site for keeping people informed about an illness, and my postings had become other than that; so upon leaving Cleveland I switched from CB to Blogger. It has been good exercise, similar mentally and emotionally to a gym workout physically. But seeing that my blog has attracted creatures from the dark lagoon, I’m switching back to CB for a time and half a time. Maybe I can comfortably return to +Time after skipping a beat.

From my generation





to yours
T