Sunset: A Wonderful Beginning


This was sunset over St. Andrews Bay the evening of the last day of life on earth that I shared with my mother. Today is my first day of life without my mother. Yet, to lose a parent is the most natural thing in life: it is life as the Creator meant life to be. 
Yesterday, Sunday morning, a friend wrote me, “Life is fast, fun, frequently stressful, sad then happy. So much is known, more is unknown. One thing is certain - the end is really a wonderful beginning.” 

To that, Amen!
Early on Sunday morning my mother went to her wonderful beginning with prayer, blessing, thanksgiving and commendation. 
We are delaying the funeral service to accommodate family so that all who want to come may conveniently do so. It will be at eleven o’clock, Saturday morning, July 30th, at Holy Nativity Episcopal Church, Panama City.  
O Lord, support us all the day long,
until the shadows lengthen,
and the evening comes,
and the busy world is hushed,
and the fever of life is over,
and our work is done.

Then in thy mercy
grant us a safe lodging and a holy rest,
and peace at the last.
Amen.
TW+