Walking

Finished my basic cardiac rehab program and seeing the high value of it, I’ve registered for their continuing phase three program, an hour Friday mornings and have been to three sessions. That’s not enough though by far, needs to be daily or minimum four or five days a week, not Fridays only. Also needs to be morning’s first thing and preferably two or three times during the day, cardiac therapists saying ten-thousand steps a day, which I’ve done in the past but requires determination.
Walking is the one best cardiac exercise and this neighborhood with sidewalks is fine. My measured walks are .4 mile, 1.0 mile, 2.0 miles and 2.3 miles. A walking and eating regimen in 2008 brought me a weight loss of 47 pounds over some months. But hating to get up, dress and go out, and weather being a daily factor, I’m favoring a treadmill. New, or used? Consumer Reports has rated various. CraigsList offers some. Needs to arrive assembled, I’m a bubba with ten thumbs and a Navy tongue. Don’t need a million dollar treadmill with a thousand workouts, my interests are walking (not jogging or running) and convenience: having it behind my chair here in the family room ready to walk at three a.m. when I get up, preferring walking alone, not being excused by rain, too hot, too cold, or too muggy outside, not having to get dressed and drive to a gym.
Monday.
Peace anyway.
TW