1931 Ford


Cool out, 54F out my back door on the way to get the newspaper, but windy, stiff breeze makes it feel chilly though it isn’t. Pleasant with a sweater. At 78 I still have sweaters my mother made for me forty, forty-five, maybe fifty years ago and this is the season for one.

Football, no point in talking about it, SCar cleaned up but everyone else on my cheering list -- -- not going there. What’s happening? Is anyone driving down to see a game in The Swamp when you can rue it from your sickbed and know it’s a bad dream and you’ll only wake up with a headache -- I’ll wake up in a few minutes in a sweat, realize it was a nightmare, and laugh, pinch me. This isn’t where I came in.

Can it get worse? Oh yes, yes indeedy, wait till Saturday. This is what I get for poking incredulous jabs at UCF early in the season. Can we start over? 

A friend had two flat tires on a trip, that’s stuff from old times. It’s why in my growing up years and before, some cars had not one spare tire, but two. 





Twin side mounts they were called. 


In the really classic days of motorcars we saw twin side mounts 



and a trunk rack. 



There’s that blasted spinning beachball again, won’t go away -- too many programs open, have to save and reboot.

That’s a 1931 Model A Ford roadster with twin sidemounts, a trunk rack and a rumble seat. 


Not to mention the white sidewall tires. It would have hit the showroom autumn 1930. That year the Gators had a 6-3-1 football season, losing to Furman, Alabama and Tennessee. The Georgia game ended scoreless, tied 0-0. That’s the year Florida Field opened, 1930.

T

Thanks, Shinyside!