Time

BBC's The Essential List has an article that, the catching sentence "Is time real?" ensures that I'll be back to read it this morning. Little interests me more than Time and its concept, the fact that, as Psalm 90 tells, we are here for a lifeTime, however long each one's Time may be, and then gone forever; yet to Whoever or Whatever inhabits Eternity it's but a watch in the night, not even that: less than the blink of God's eye. So, is Time real, or is Time a human concept? Maybe it's real, but its significance depends on one's perspective. 

And Time is so easy to waste, isn't it, as when I was a child urgently wanting Time to pass quickly so I could be walking into the living room where the Christmas tree lights would be shining and Santa Claus not long since left. At this age and stage of life where every second is too dear for that, I wouldn't begin to wish Time would pass quickly. Because it does, and friends and loved ones are lost, things are gone, and Time cannot be reclaimed. Even those excruciatingly slow moments as a boy, I was only wishing my Christmas Vacation Time away instead of living it gratefully. But boys are boys, aren't we. Weren't we.

In our Memories, where Time is ours, we can change what happened by reimagining Time, because in the past, Time isn't real after all, it's only what we remember. As in court: four witnesses testify about an automobile crash. I can reimagine what I said and did and have a new memory, even a different past. That may even pass a polygraph, a lie detector test.

Time is only real in the moment, in the present, where Time can be witnessed by watching a clock tick; or the sun sinking into the sea at evening. Or the countdown on a NASA missile launch. Other than that, IDK. No, Running out the clock, so they don't get the ball, that's witnessing Time.

My other article on The Essential List is captioned "Be like Hemingway - interrupt your work", and I'm going to read that this morning.

The camera on my cellphone seemed to capture Time last evening. 



Set on "live" during the thunderstorm. For family reasons,


I'm no longer a fan of lightning storms,


even having once watched a lightning bolt hit the Bay just yards off 7H,



and the water explode with its thunder clap.


But this was last night. Flash, here and gone.

IDK. Now I'm going to read BBC, and eat maize (Go Michigan) flakes with blueberries and banana and a dribble of maple syrup and a splash of milk. And wait for the game (Go Navy, beat Army).

RSF&PTL all the same

W