Oh, now I remember

 


What to say, fifty-something degrees here on the Florida Gulf Coast early this morning, while a snow photograph from son Joe, who now lives in Kentucky, 34°F as I checked his weather, clouds, cloudy, overcast. We had right dismal weather here last week, but no snow. No Snow after years of it in my earlier life is One Reason for happy retirement on the Florida Gulf Coast, in 7H gazing out over StAndrewsBay and Shell Island into the Gulf of Mexico. Of course, the Forever Reason is that it's home and central to heart, soul, mind, and strength, though if hurricane season brings another HMichael I may be gone. Where? IDK, maybe an elusive promise to self like that red convertible I promised myself if I survived my 2010/2011 heart adventure and failed to keep my promise. Maybe a Traveler, like my sister? She's a trip, eighty-something and wheeling a Class A motorhome around town and countryside as confidently as a teenager in an ATV!!  

Crowds of people, including an array of pontificating Episcopal Purple, rejoice and, seemingly somewhat vengefully, celebrate the jury verdict read yesterday in Minneapolis. The finding against a man whom all the world watched kill another man is not a victory though, it's simply our system working as it's meant to work, accountability for evil and for abuse of authority. Whether it's a stirring of national resolve is yet to be seen, we have a short attention span and little or no conscience beyond Self.

Obviously, the accountability system does not always work as designed, especially when justice, honor, honesty and integrity compete with political self-interest.

Regardless, the press for sure likes to mix it up, like throwing sand into a dog or cat fight.

BOGO at Publix this morning I bought Almond M&M's, a serious mistake unless Linda comes and takes this bag away.

ABC&PTL

T