more Sabbath

Not overly wild, mind, but I have enjoyed experimenting a bit with mustards. Plain old American yellow mustard is fine. When we have a hamburger, as yesterday for Sunday dinner, I put a glob of yellow mustard or English mustard on my plate and smear a dab on about every second or third bite. 

When I'm having sausage, as this morning's breakfast - - my Tallahassee sausage is long gone, so I've taken up Louisiana andouille, which is good but not nearly the character of Bradley's - - it's hotdog style with a warm bun, mayonnaise and, again, a glob of mustard on the side for smearing on each bite. But it's not yellow, it's Senf, German mustard - - I'm out of my favorite Löwensenf, 

so a standby jar marked "German mustard" that I bought at Busy Bee the last Time we went out there to buy a cake. 

BTW, although it's marked "extra hot" I do not find Löwensenf the least bit hot or spicy, maybe German tastebuds are different to mine, IDK.

Busy Bee is an interesting store. We've gotten some absolutely superior cakes there, especially multi-layer coconut cakes, but we found their cakes not consistent, they seem to be baked at various and sundry kitchens in some nearby town, and we've cut into mediocre cakes too, so we've pretty well knocked off Busy Bee as a special trip. Also, it's hard to get out if you're heading north and there's traffic.

The Carousel was a frequent shopping place when we were at St Thomas by the Sea Episcopal Church, and still an occasional adventure for Linda's gift shopping, but the traffic out and back is discouraging. Pretty much our only long distance driving from St Andrews is to Tyndall for commissary and exchange shopping, and to Apalachicola maybe once or twice a year anymore. 

When we moved from Pennsylvania to Apalachicola in July 1984, the town was pretty much the same as it had been in the late 1940s and early 1950s when I was there with my father in his fish business, and later. Since then, it has changed and is changing, and I'm glad we lived there when it was real. 

+++++++++ 

Years ago there was a song, "life gits teejus, don't it" and I'll say, no, it don't git teejus, but it can become quite a stretch at Times, a challenge. That, like me, you live long enough to find out for yourself. is my prayer. Aged. My father didn't live this long, but both grandfathers did, one 90, one 92. What with all my choosing of diverging roads in the yellow woods incredibly resulting in me ending up where I am this morning, I'm finding it miraculous that this is the best Time of life. 

So - - Monday/Tuesday, my Sabbath.

RSF&PTL

T88&c 

  smudge a