Passing on

It’s really hard to resist, impossible to resist a thunderstorm up here in 7H. Father Nature rousing me a bit after 0430, I walked out into the hall (an exaggeration, there’s no hall to speak of here), out into the dining room to brilliant flashes of white over the Bay. By now, minutes later, it has moved over on top of us and is quite the show, loud and wet on the porch. Safe and dry from my BayChair, I love storms, stormy weather, stormy days, thunderstorms, could enjoy this all day. Weather radar indicates it won’t last long though, passing thundershower. 

"Courage, my soul, and let us journey on, though the night is dark and I’m far from home, morning light come soon, and the storm is passing on." 

Summer thunderstorms and not even summer yet, Mother Nature contemptuous of calendars and tempted by our notion of Time. 

What a great earth, eh, O what a beautiful morning, O what a beautiful day, and not even dawn yet, though lightning far out over the Gulf is pink in the clouds, illuminates the horizon.


Bedtime last night: moon high, mars running in and out of the clouds a bit below her, below and east of.

Morning thunderstorm: gone. 

DThos+