argh

ugh, argh. 7H is our first time owning a condo, and much as we love living here in this beautiful bit of creation, as from HMichael forward, we're finding out that owning a condo is not the same as either renting, which we haven't done in many decades although come to think of it the rectory experience was a tenant/landlord situation, or owning our own land and house. What we own here is space inside someone's building, from the flooring up, and the ceiling paint down, and the wall paint out and around, and the window glass in. Just the space and, I suppose, the air in here. It's a box and all I own is the space inside, and I can put whatever I want in here, but I don't own the box itself, just the space. It's just now coming home as an interesting concept.

For the second time since the hurricane, water has come in during heavy rainstorm. It comes in under the vinyl flooring, spreads under the vinyl flooring, floods out where the vinyl flooring stops such as into the concrete floor utility space. The first evidence is water coming up from under and spreading on the flooring surface. 

A dehumidifier was brought in last evening as soon as we detected and reported the issue, but my socks got wet while I was in the kitchen brewing this first mug of black this early morning. 

Everyone has problems in life. The topmost worst is personal injury, illness, death of loved ones and friends, and eventually self. Oh, war, evil government, and eventually an incoming asteroid or expanding sun. Anyway it goes down from there. Including for example Bay County and Panama City on 10 October 2018 and following, and the human and property nightmare. What we are facing here with Christmas and Christmas plans for 7H, is inconvenience and monetary cost. So, perspective, perspective, perspective. As I sit here in my BaySide chair looking out into the darkness, I'm working inside me to keep things in their place in regard to the universe and life itself. In terms of an airline flight, the plane isn't crashing, and there's no air turbulence, it's just that someone peed on my seat and it wasn't me.

Which suddenly occurs to me that I've been so focused on the issue that I forgot to say my gardenia bad words. Oh well, alphabet it all anyway, they've never helped anything but let the steam off my state of mind.



RSF&PTL

T