Davis Point

No two people always like exactly the same things. Everyone doesn't have the same perspective on anything. My politics are sure as aitch not the same as yours, I'm telling you, I guarantee. My religion isn't the same as yours either, even if you and I sit in the same pew Sunday mornings, I warrant we don't believe the same things about the Bible or about God, even though we stand and say the Creed in unison. I'm with the Athanasian Creed* on Incomprehensible, even more so when the question is not "What?" or "How?" but "Why?"



There's no telling how it shows up on your device screen, but I'm using Trebuchet from time to time even if it is MS, because I like the lower case "g" with its subtle topknot (though I'd rather have a flashier topknot as some other fonts have) and open tail; and I like Trebuchet's lower case "l" with the little toe as in taw on the Hebrew letter ת. Trebuchet being sans serif is a plus with me, and too I'm intrigued to read it characterized as "humanist". As in secular humanist? IDK. I don't know what it means for a font or typeface to be humanist, but I like it, seems less seraphic and more carnal, nome sane? So I'm reading, and may today finish, this little crash course in typography, hopefully to find out what some of the terms mean, like, as I say, "humanist". Which to me means more or less, not angelic.

https://www.jotform.com/blog/a-crash-course-in-typography-the-basics-of-type/

And to all, a good morning.

W

* BCP page 864