Strange things I do, strange books I read, strange movies I watch, strange television shows. Movies seldom more than once except Ferris Beuller's Day Off, The Blues Brothers, National Lampoon's Animal House. The Carol Burnett Show. The Honeymooners. The Andy Griffith Show. If that tells you nothing about my personality you should be ashamed of yourself!

Books that I loved so much I could hardly bear to put them down much less come to the last sentence, no, I don't go back and read them again other than sometimes look up quotes and such. Especially in Narnia and Tolkien. Short stories, yes, may go back to read again. Poems. Professional, bible commentary, theology, stuff like that, yes all of that again during this covid19 shelter in place. No rereading long novels though. 

But films. "Der Untergang", German film titled "Downfall", that has had so many hilarious parodies on Youtube. Watched it again last evening with English subtitles turned on. It's drama but more a documentary, like a historical novel. A study in personalities. NPD, the Narcissistic Personality Disorder that I once encountered so appallingly in a priest, defines Hitler to a "T" and OMG ... yep, incontestable, don't even ask ὁ ἀναγινώσκων νοείτω. I don't know the psychiatric term for someone like Goebbels and his wife who were so under the hypnotic spell of absolute certainty as to murder their own five children in the bunker. I remember that from finding out about it in May 1945. 

Several things. Watching Lord Acton's truth in action, "Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely". True of every dictator and of every would-be dictator, let the reader understand and red sky at morning, sailor take warning.  

That's wandering far enough off track to lose whoever's shadowing me. Who cannot see the problem, cannot read history into present time, God help us.