Thursday

 


Got my phone on, always try to remember to have it on when Linda goes out by car just in case she needs to call me. Limited help possibilities though, my car has been in the shop, for, Monday will be four weeks, to sort out what's making it miss sporadically. Year model 2006, my third one exactly like it, color medium silver gray, the first one bought new for Linda's seventieth birthday. This one is a V8 and the other two had V6 engines, it's over fifteen years old but just turned over 70k miles. A cross between a station wagon and an SUV, it's kind of Papa's baby, all dimensions seem tailored to me, especially height for getting in and out, sit down, swing my legs in, and close the door. 


I've had it five years and driven it 15k miles. Recently have just driven it at most fifteen miles a week, maybe fifty miles a month, between 7H and HNEC. Sam's or TAFB for gasoline now and then. Back and forth between here and Walton County those ten months of exile during the hurrication. Uncle Bubba, aged, American, male, Protestant, likes having his own car, have had my own car since when. 

A week or two ago I wrote about limburger cheese. 


It arrived from Wisconsin, and my rye bread from Publix bakery is nice but seems only about .05% rye flour, so I have coming, some real rye bread from Germany, 37% rye flour. Called "farmer's bread", it should be arriving today. Got my Vidalia onion ready, and several different kinds of mustard, though I may spread mayonnaise or butter, or nothing. As I said, I don't have a bucket list, but after two shameful chicken-outs over the past seventy-five years, trying limburger is on it. 

Also the train trip to Maine, IDK, anymore it's too far to the nearest Amtrak station. New Orleans or Jacksonville. In my day, take the BayLine to Montgomery, Alabama and change trains for points north, Pullman berth to wherever.

T