I'm already there

 


RSF&PTL, right shoe first and praise the Lord, when I found out years ago, about a practice in some of Judaism, to put on the right shoe first as a conscious and practical act of honoring God first thing mornings, I started doing it. Sort of like singing Psalm 100 or Psalm 95 that used to be our praise songs opening worship with Anglican Chant all my growing up years. So RSF, not just shoes, but socks first, same order, to honor God with the right hand. Left hand first if you're left handed, I suppose.

Because I'd always put on my left shoe first for whatever reasons one sets oneself into habits, doing this act of devotion required self-awareness, concentration and intentionality, taking months to get into the new practice. And because it's meant as an act of worship, one needs to make it conscious and not just the mindless rote that liturgical worship drifts off into if we let it. In my mind I'm by nature neither religious nor a spiritual person, so I try to make whatever I do in God's direction significant to me even if I know Pantokrator is busy doing other things like painting this morning's sunrise and wondering why HerHis creatures haven't been more dedicated in our stewardship of the little scrap of creation entrusted to us. Maybe some interpretation of Mark 4:25, NIV: "Whoever has (sound judgment, goodwill, common sense, lovingkindness) will be given more (of creation's bounty and life's blessings); whoever does not have (any sense at all), even what they have will be taken from them (as Earth warms toward uninhabitable for humans)." 

The cellphone camera doesn't always pick up the reds, but made a pretty good job of it today. Aimed east from 7H, the camera always picks up the paper mill's smoke drifting into the clouds but I think that exhaust has been rendered harmless to the ecology, atmosphere? What am I thinking about? The global climate conference in Glasgow, Scotland.

Where would I live if I had my choice of anywhere in the world? Well, the fact is, I don't need "my choice of anywhere", because I'm there, I'm already there, that's where I am anyway, though little could I have visualized it seventy-five years ago when my brother and I were working in our father's fish house right over there, 


just this side of where the Shrimpboat Restaurant is this morning.

We never realized it at the Time, but my siblings and I grew up in a picture, inside a work of art. Like when Edmund, Lucy and Eustace were drawn into the seascape painting of the Narnian ship Dawn Treader to begin that voyage.

That view is out my office/study/den window where I'm sitting right now. On the windowsill are a dozen of my little scale model cars,



five 1934 and 1935 Chrysler Airflows that were on the road when I was born, and seven


1946, 1947, 1948 Desoto and Chrysler cars that I loved in my Time because to me they stood for the cars my grandfather Gentry drove. In the foreground of the second car picture above, a maroon 1934 Chrysler Airflow coupe facing, oncoming in the same lane, a dark green 1946,7,8 DeSoto sedan, followed by a maroon Chrysler Town & Country convertible, a light green Chrysler business coupe, and going on back, a dark blue Chrysler sedan, a DeSoto club coupe, and another Chrysler sedan. These cars are 1/43 scale. Most of my model cars are larger, and I've given a few away, to children I've loved.

Ate too much last night, good stuff, Italian, today is a FuroForty Day and stay inside and close.

RSF&ABC&PTL

T