, and people to see.

 


Early, very early, wasn't it, Thursday: things to do, places to go, and people to see. More and more age-aware, because if I forget it the Being reminds me, we allow ourselves One Thing a Day. Yesterday it was dealing with the plumber, who did a really fine job for us; and with the wifi technician, who also did great and gave me suggestions; then, once they left, putting the house back together after having moved everything in the kitchen and living room and laundry to make the spaces accessible for them to work.

The new kitchen faucet doesn't seep water, the new laundry sink faucet is a high gooseneck and swivels, and the wifi - - well, I have access to wifi again through hardwiring an ancient computer direct to the modem, but part of today's One Thing is buying a new router system that "supposedly" is available at one local store. 

Mind, I say "supposedly" because it's like what over our years of living there we started calling an "Apalachicola Promise" - - "I'll be back first thing Monday." It isn't safe to say "He'll be back Monday", you must say "He SAID he'll be back Monday", because actually you're never going to see him again. There was no lack of integrity involved, we just had to adapt to the culture.

Same these days: that a website shows a certain item available in a certain store actually means they hope you may come in and order it for delivery "tomorrow", which means Sometime at the convenience of UPS.

Am I bitter or caustic or sarcastic? Not at all, I'm simply setting myself up not to be disappointed or PO'd when they don't have it, but "can have it delivered tomorrow". The last Time that happened with this particular store, I bought and paid for a computer thinking the salesman was going in the back to get it. When I looked at him expectantly he said "It'll be delivered to your home tomorrow." I thought WTFO, but said okay. Shipping was delayed and delayed and delayed, then a week later it was finally shipped and UPS delivered it to the wrong address. Totally panicked, I went chasing around Harbour Village in the driving rain until I found it at another door on a lower level. 

Was I PO'd that Time? Yes indeed, and from then on I don't patronize Best Buy unless it's the only source left. 

Oh, you thought this was a religious or spiritual blog? No, it's whatever the hell nonsense comes to mind when the little fingers start tippy-typing. 

The pic: early, tried to get the full moon before it slipped down into the clouds and set into the horizon this morning, but I was a few seconds too late. Across StAndrewsBay, an isolated rain shower somewhere out in the Gulf of Mexico off to the west beyond Thomas Drive, PCB.

Typing on a "Mid-2010" laptop this morning, hardwired into WOW! because the newer laptops lack a lot of features in order to make them light as a feather. 

RSF&PTL

T