Friday: busy busy busy

 


Coffee hot & black, up and about earlier than my preference, but about usual for life as it is, 3:47 at the moment, 47° outside, wind ENE 4 mph, clear and the black sky is full of stars. Jupiter is still up there but the moon has gone its way.

Dr Oz once said Eat a protein within fifteen minutes of getting up in the morning. It usually doesn't work out for me, but this morning the last chunk of liver paté on a saltine cracker. My problem this morning is that my left earphone is emitting a loud shriek every time I chew down; the ravages of aging, I reckon. It isn't "always something" but it's something as often as it's nothing. Living into extreme old age is quite an experience, and I'm thankful to be gifted with it along with both physical and mental abilities, friends and loved ones.

We ushered in December yesterday with a quick trip to Apalachicola and back. Linda likes to shop at River Lily and Grady Market and I like to eat oysters although the oysters aren't from Apalachicola any more except at Halfshell Dockside - - which yesterday we thought would be too cold, so we had noon dinner at The Station. Tiny but delicious cold and salty ones, my dozen raw oysters on the half-shell were from Cedar Key. How do I know? You ask and they're glad to say, because folks are interested these days, now that Apalachicola oysters are history. Anyway, yesterday at The Station all the shells were identical, making me think they were farmed, which, farmed or wild harvested, a cold salty oyster is a cold salty oyster, nomesane? When they are large and lucious I get two dozen: Wednesday at Hunt's the oysters were from Virginia: large, cold, salty and beyond scrumptious. Sipped from the shell both days. 

Have I had enough oysters for a while? Is Christmas in July? Does a kid hate the Easter Bunny? Is the pope Methodist? Are you crazy?

++++++++++=

In The News. Don't know about you, but I think Kanye West has sprung a leak. Or maybe he has always been this way? Kicked off Twitter for swastikas? He was serious about running for president and inviting Trump to be his running mate? There's something scary about a Black antisemite, doesn't the man "get it" about the pain of prejudice and racism? Or maybe he's like white trash in the South who have to have someone to be "better than" and the culture has conveniently offered up Black people for the sacrifice? Black people to be better than, and White Democrats to scathe as "Libtards". America is not "a classless society", we may have no nobility or commoners, but people can be classed by their Certainties, their religious certainties and their certainties about other people.

Uh Oh, it's started, somebody pull my chain to hit the kill switch.

++++++++++++

Besides the hearing, the eyesight, the daily increasing forgetfulness, the need to take a dizzy pill twice a day, and on and on ad infinitum, old age is constantly giving me a jagged fingernail: this one and that one, such that at all my resting places there has to be an emery board and a nail clipper. Oh, and a box of Kleenex tissues. And a lap blanket. Don't laugh: if you're fortunate enough you'll get here too, and you'll realize that it was worth the wait, because Life Is Good.

+++++++++

Super hopes for December this year, especially dear friends making a trip North for health reasons. I'm sending the Holy Spirit with them, and they're on our prayer list at church.

++++++++

Today: haircut and 


something about cars. Mine,


and Kristen's.

RSF&PTL