misty

 


Misty, sort of misty this morning. Except for the red flashing light the U S Coast Guard installed last spring to mark the burned out shrimp boat, an all gray day. Gray but not blah. 

Busy POD for today, tomorrow, and Friday, and weather, the temperature, forecast to plunge into the low twenties for Christmas Weekend. We are, I am, so glad we no longer live in a house, 

with pipe-bursting worries, dripping faucets, potted plants brought inside, beloved plants covered, cars winterized (well, we did bring in all the plastic bottles of water, but no tire chains, no snow tires, no snowplows &c), no show shovel, I gave my heavy overcoat away nearly forty years ago when we relocated home to Florida from Pennsylvania. A condo, 7H with a situation including outlook on StAndrews Bay that perfectly suits my personality, this is the best of all places for an octogenarian who's looking forward to my eighty-eighth Christmas. 

Wishing you also long years. 

Another perfect protein breakfast: black coffee from my coffee club, mayo shrimp & egg salad. At Sam's yesterday they had tiger shrimp and I bought a package, baked them in the toaster oven. Nice. Not our fresh Gulf or Bay shrimp, but nice enough, nomesane?

POD includes finishing prepping my study/office/den for Joe's arrival - - noon Friday "God willing and the flight don't cancel." He's to fly down, then drive the SRX back home to Kentucky late next week.

Tomorrow leaving early to take Kristen's replacement car to the dealer for routine servicing. Today maybe vacuum out her old car, now my new car, prep to taking it to Bay Town for servicing next Thursday. I love fooling with cars, including all this jockeying around so everybody who wants one gets a "new" car, Kristen, me, Joe. Working at my desk in my room last evening, I contemplated the twelve 1/43 scale cars lining the window sill, ten Chrysler cars and two DeSoto cars, and wondered who might like to own them after me! I bought each of them lovingly but cheap, and now they're collectibles, each worth some sixty to well over a hundred dollars on eBay. On my bookcases, and in my glass-front hutch, and in my closet, and even in my office at church - - another couple dozen old car scale models in various sizes. Over the years I gave several away, to extra-grandsons Christian and Ryan, but there are dozens here!

First day of winter: God bless us every one!

RSF&PTL

T