fog

 Deutsche Küche, fog and deutsche Küche. Along with a second mug of hot & black, on a dank Tuesday morning, meine deutsche Küche: on seeded dark brown bread, Duke's mayonnaise (I'll return to that anon), very thin slivers of white onion, and thick-sliced Braunschweiger. It's not quite right, so the next Time I have it for breakfast I'll have a smear of mustard. 

But about the mayo: although the taste is close enough (well, the Duke's does seem a bit more lemony), I've noticed something else. We have been exclusively Hellmann's folk for long years, but ran out of it a while back. The cost is predatory, so we only buy it when it's twofer, and the week we ran out of Hellmann's it was not twofer, but Duke's was, so we bought two jars of Duke's. The taste, with the two side by side I'd not likely be able to distinguish if it was part of a sandwich, but like whipped cream, Duke's starts collapsing from stiffness into runny softness after a few days in the refrigerator, and Hellmann's does not. So, I'm holding on as a Hellmann's man. Ralphie's father was an Oldsmobile man, I'm a Hellmann's man. 

++++++++++

Sandwich - - two slices of bread - - carbs - - I toy with the postprandial hypotension that is typical for anyone my age, it's not bad this morning, BP 83/49, but seems to drain blood from the head and brings on a dizzy drowse. But heck, it's Monday morning, so a short nap will be fine.

RSF&PTL