Wednesday

 


Okay, the corners: if it was a chocolate rabbit, I've already bitten two ears off. Always in grocery stores for Passover, this is matzo for the festival of unleavened bread. If you don't know matzo, you're missing a crispy treat. 

Moreover, for a Christian who's into little round wafers instead of what the Bible says

23 ἐγὼ γὰρ παρέλαβον ἀπὸ τοῦ κυρίου ὃ καὶ παρέδωκα ὑμῖν ὅτι ὁ κύριος Ἰησοῦς ἐν τῇ νυκτὶ ᾗ παρεδίδετο ἔλαβεν ἄρτον (1 Cor 11:23)

... that on the night he was betrayed  ἔλαβεν ἄρτον he took bread ἄρτον, arton 

arton is regular table bread, the same bread Jesus fed the five thousand, and the four thousand, and the same bread he took, blessed, broke and gave at the Last Supper. 

But for any who don't use the scriptural arton, ordinary table bread, Old Testament unleavened bread, today matzo, would make perfect unleavened Communion bread, suitable for taking, blessing, breaking, and giving.

This, my slice of matzo, is toasted with bits of cheese on top, my midmorning snack with a cup of hot & black. A crispy treat, and it's my matzo, I'll eat and enjoy it as I please, eh?

Today clear and cool. Yesterday, cloudy, foggy, rainy and worrisome because Kristen was driving back from Atlanta. She visited two friends, visited Emory her alma mater, went to a concert Monday night, and drove home Tuesday, arriving about nine-thirty. Linda and I fed Pacey the Cat while Kris was away. 

Not sure, but Pacey is said to be and looks like a Maine Coon Cat. Pacey likes me but I have to be cautious, because he likes me so much that he grabs my hand with his claws and sinks his teeth into my hand. Yes.

Morning is nearly gone.

RSF&PTL

T