last day of birthday month
Magic mug of hot & black outside on 7H porch at three o'clock for an enjoyable half hour in the quiet predawn darkness of just me, Creation, and life itself.
+++++++
Ages ago when I started +Time weblog, I tried various fonts, looking for one I liked, preferably sanserif with several strange lower case letters. Maybe the one I liked best was/is Wunderlich, which I still use except for blogposts. For blogposts, though, I settled on Arial Black because, even though not lovely, it prints out clear and easy to read, at least for me. And it seems to run consistent, which proved not the case for fonts not already predesignated for Blogger.
So, it's bold and black like my morning mug of coffee.
+++++++
Up too early again, and outside on 7H porch in the 73°F Wednesday morning. Fall, autumn seems to be coming on with more pleasant hours for being outside, especially in the pitch black dark with a clear view southward looking toward the Florida Strait and on beyond to South America, and upward into our Milky Way Galaxy and the Universe.
It seems to run automatically, Creation does, the Universe. Nothing can be proved - - you take your choice and believe what you will (or whatever you're taught to believe - - dogma, the result of other people's thinking) - - but there's a theological point of view called "clockwork," which posits that God spoke Creation into existence then left it to run automatically - - like clockwork - - expanding as it does, by red-shift of light, galaxies seeming to speed outward ever farther apart from each other. It will run for some billions more years ("years" as known in Earth Time, Earth years), then eventually run out its clock, slow to a stop, and start to cool, by and by cooling to absolute zero, at which point nothing can exist, and Creation, the Universe, will no longer BE; from a Time, perception, and memory point of view, will never have demonstrably even BEEN.
There's nothing particularly sagacious about it, just a stretch of imaginative thinking "beyond people" so to speak, and "beyond Earth," the eventual death of the Universe in a similar sense as our own individual deaths, when we cease to exist and, after living memory of us, no longer ever having Been.
It can seem depressing if one lets it, but it's not, it's just what IS for now, at least, as long as there's Thought.
++++++++
What's my mind on? The news that our HOA is converting from coaxial cable feed for wifi and tv to fibre optics. I will add "whatever that means," because I don't have the slightest idea, only that at last we can have a television here in the living room without running a wire under the rug, and we've got one ordered, on calendar for delivery Monday.
But there's a short story with it that includes reshuffling the living room here in 7H yet one more Time again.
That's the west wall. The platform rocker is one that my mother reupholstered herself maybe some fifty years ago. It's a treasure that has rocked children, grandchildren, and us our years in Apalachicola, later back home in The Old Place, and now here in 7H. It's been Linda's go-to seat here for the dozen years we've lived here. Anyway, the story, the short tale - -
With the all new fibre system's installation to be completed by November, we're also replacing the bedroom television, that came with us from The Old Place a dozen years ago. It's due here Friday. The bedroom tv will be on its own stand. The television for the living room is supposed to be installed on a wall bracket, but Linda does not want the walls messed with, so it's to be installed on a television stand - - which is the short tale.
Online, I researched, selected, and ordered a television stand for here in 7H living room. Then I realized that there was a glitch on my part, and that I'd ordered two stands, so I requested that one be cancelled. Then it appeared to me that I'd ordered from a sham shyster supplier manufacturer, so I ordered my second choice from the military Exchange system. Then a reply came from the first source, that they'd agreed, changed my order to one stand, and refunded my money for the erroneously ordered second stand. But it was too late to cancel the Exchange order, which had been shipped immediately and was on the way. Then I received notice from the first source and also from FedEx, that the first stand was on its way - - it wasn't a scam shyster after all. Then the Exchange stand arrived and I assembled it - - a really big deal and about twelve hours Time. Then there was an email from the first source, and simultaneously from FedEx with snapshot, that the first source stand had been delivered: when we opened the door, there were two huge boxes, each with my first choice of tv stand. It took me about three hours to assembled one of these, a much heavier, sturdier, and better unit than the one from the Exchange - - which was "clearance" and not returnable.
Now I have three television stands: one that we're going to have the LG installers put the living room tv on, the one from the Exchange, which is ready to use and ready to deliver to Salvation Army or Habit for Humanity. And the third, which is unopened in its box, the extra shipment of my first choice unit.
More of the story is that the living room unit comes with its own stand after all, so that'll be four tv stands, three extra. The rest of the story is in limbo while we wait to see what LG delivers and installs.
+++++++++
In my post-hospital recovery phase, I'm trying to hold on to the weight loss, twenty pounds total, that came with it. My doctor says low fluid intake, low sodium, low fat food, sleep with my legs elevated, and sit with legs propped up. All of which I'm trying to comply, but the weight loss has plateaued where it is for the past week. This has been the case with me maybe a dozen Times in my life, weight plummets, then weight loss slows and does the plateau before climbing to higher than ever before. It requires self-discipline. Linda says she'll help me, including smaller servings. And I've got a little exercise program going here. We shall see.
+++++++++
Television has not been a feature of my life except when there's a hurricane in the Gulf, or in the Atlantic and headed our way. I'm counting on this new tv to be something I may want to watch more. Maybe something besides hurricanes and The Honeymooners, eh? Again, we'll see.
Pax: grant to the president of the US and to others in authority, wisdom and strength to know and to do thy will; that we may have sense to realize that this Earth is only ours as a leasehold grant, that we are here temporarily and nothing is ours.
Pax and Blessings,
T91