Sarah and other Lenten Reading

Genesis 17 (KJV)
 1 ... when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect. 2 And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly.
 3 And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying, 4 As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations. 5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee. 6 And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee. 7 And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee. ...
 15 And God said unto Abraham, As for Sarai thy wife, thou shalt not call her name Sarai, but Sarah shall her name be. 16 And I will bless her, and give thee a son also of her: yea, I will bless her, and she shall be a mother of nations; kings of people shall be of her.
Tomorrow we have this Genesis reading about Abraham. Actually, it’s about Sarah and Abraham, seeing that she is the one who will be having the child at age ninety a few chapters hence. It’s a great story, which Orson Scott Card has developed into a wonderful historical fiction type novel, Sarah in his Women of Genesis series. A friend recommended it, and Amazon took two days to get it to me. It’s my nighttime reading for Lent. Well into it, a great story so far.
Reading is the best Lenten discipline, giving up time; far better than giving up beloved chocolate, which is never recommended! For anyone needing a list, read some of the apocryphal books. These are interesting Tobit  Judith  Susanna  Bel and the Dragon  and 1 Maccabees. For a bit of wisdom read some of Wisdom of Solomon and Wisdom of Jesus Son of Sirach  also know as Ecclesiasticus. Those are all links to where the texts may be read direct in the King James Version. Read Susanna first, it’s the shortest and may stir interest in the others. For good old romance, Tobit ia my favorite. For blood and gore, Judith and check out some of the art online. For history. First Maccabees. Bel & the Dragon is entertaining and the first one we usually share together in my classes about the Apocrypha.
TW+
Thanks, Michelle!