Sabbath is TIME. Sometimes a day. Sometimes a long weekend. Sometimes a long vacation. Sometimes a few minutes. Sabbath is TIME for relaxation and enjoyment of what brings one peace and fulfillment. This early Saturday morning, Sabbath includes lying here stretched out in bed, cup of coffee in the mug Kristen gave me for Christmas from her college. 
Upstairs porch door open, bit humid as the Creator means Florida to be, slightest pre-dawn breeze, 74*F, glancing out into the blackness where, looking hopefully toward a new day, St Andrews Bay and Shell Island will appear in due course. Silence. Quiet. Cool. Dark.
Sabbath includes an email from Walt, who has been keeping up with my raccoon adventures, including a telephone visit yesterday afternoon, and sent a picture. 
Surely there's a lesson in a raccoon coming to the door and asking, "Did you lose a cat?" One lesson might be that any raccoon who brings your kitty home can get the newspaper and bring my coffee. 
Up early thinking about adult Sunday School for tomorrow morning, Also about the financial aid decisions we made at the HNES financial aid committee meeting this past Wednesday. Those who generously help make our financial aid program possible can be proud that many children are able to attend our school, who otherwise would not be able to do so. The number of children needing assistance for school year 2012-2013 is up 33%, yes owing to the economy; but also to our attracting new families with deserving and promising children. Being Financial Aid Administrator for the school and dually for the Holy Nativity School Foundation has been one of the brightest spots in my life for the past dozen years and more. 
My part of West Beach Drive is the far west end beyond Frankford Avenue where there is almost zero traffic. Three cars have driven by in the past two hours, one being the folks who deliver the PC News-Herald every morning. Sometimes they tap the car horn lightly as they toss. 
Bit later now. Another cup of coffee. And a favorite sandwich. Smear of something yellow (Benecol?) on two slices of 100% whole wheat bread, couple tablespoons of peanut butter. My peanut butter is zero salt, from Fresh Market, ground by me, watch each peanut fall into the grinder and out into the container. Perfect: tiny bit grainy. My preference is chunky, but tiny bit grainy also is perfect.
My Sabbath. My TIME. My beloved town. My spot. And just now coming barely visible on my Bay down front, My Laughing Place.







Life IS short. 
And we HAVEN'T much time to gladden the hearts of those who travel with us.
So, be quick to love.
And make haste to be kind.

Thunder. Lightning and thunder. Over the Bay, right out front
Now, raindrops.
Now, a downpour.

Every day is beautiful.

TW+ in +Time