For Another Beautiful Day


This is another day, Lord.  I know not what it will bring
forth, but make me ready for whatever it may be.  If I
am to stand, help me to stand bravely.  If I am to sit still,
help me to sit quietly.  If I am to lie low, help me to do it
patiently.  And if I am to do nothing, let me do it gallantly. 
Make these words more than words, and give me the Spirit
of Jesus.  Amen.
We needn’t speak to pray. We don’t even need thoughts that are formed into words. Depending on the nature of it, simply musing, a state of being, can be prayer. My worrying about a loved one or friend, worry that is never out of mind, becomes prayer. If we want help, though, The Book of Common Prayer has words that when the amen is said can leave us assured that we have well and truly prayed. All the more so because each prayer can be molded to suit our needs and hopes.
My prayer this morning is for another beautiful day for someone very dear to me. 

O God, our times are in your hand: Look with favor on N. as he begins another day. Grant that he may grow in grace and peace, and strengthen his trust in your goodness all the days of his life; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
The N. is simply for privacy, isn’t meant to fool anybody. He knows. And those who love him know. And God knows.
T+