Hot


Hot

Still after three years this MacBook is smarter than I am, knows more than I do, especially Pages, Apple’s word processing program, which intentionally befuddles me. It’s not been as intuitive as MS Word.

BleacherReport makes much of it, but football cupcakes are a humiliating, stupid, bullying way to start the season. On the same moral level as Christians in the coliseum with lions and tigers, they make clowns out of earnest young players for the financial benefit of their schools. Speaking for my own dumb self, I would not watch my two teams UF beat up on Toledo, or UM on Central, and my nonprayer would have been for Rice to fix the bloody AggieSalsa that I hope Tide will prepare for my birthday. In my other nonprayer, BCS finishes up with elephants stomping a delicious bowl of urban-flavored buckeye dip.


How many little school children will Assad place in the way of our Tomahawks? If we are bound and determined to foolhardiness, our sole bullseye should be Bashar personally; any lesser target shows our white feather. Or will Congress be selecting the targets, an interesting war. If the President wants Congress involved he should request endorsement not authorization. Bad precedent abdicating decisionmaking to a circus of clowns.

Contemplating breakfast. During the great depression my mother sometimes bought lunch at Kahn’s delicatessen in Pensacola. Sandwich for a dime. PBJ sandwich. Egg salad sandwich. Potato salad sandwich. Baked bean sandwich. Cole slaw sandwich. Pimiento cheese sandwich. For fifteen cents, chicken salad sandwich, roast beef sandwich, ham & cheese sandwich. Baked beans are left over from our Labor Day weekend pulled-pork feast: a baked bean sandwich for breakfast, splash of that habañero catsup from PP at PP, eh? Thistles is what tiggers likes best.

W