wrong question


“jeremiad” and Anu’s whole post is good this morning including A THOUGHT FOR TODAY: “If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers.” -Thomas Pynchon, writer (b. 1937). It’s from Gravity’s Rainbow, which I’ve never read, but’m intrigued by the reviews of it I read this morning instead of the NYT and WP. My clutter includes numerous unread and half read books, but if I can get GR for a penny on Amazon maybe I’ll buy it. I’ll see; depends on how long this intrigue holds on. The theme fascinates me, its locus in world history, and especially the comment that the novel “invokes anti-authority sentiments.” I might have said evokes instead of invokes, but I guess it depends on what the reviewer meant, eh? Anti-authority is my own specific personal theme in life, for reasons that I have sorted out but am not willing to discuss here this morning. 

Not with you anyway.

That will teach me to read Anu Garg before starting my blog, but scanning email, his word jeremiad grabbed me for obvious reasons. T’wasn’t my intent to wander down that trail, I have some nonsense about the theology of death that I’ve been thinking to bumble through while it’s still Easter, the Resurrection Season. Maybe another day. It will be my non-classical Trivial Pursuit for dang sure.

Speaking of asking, my “wrong question” after seeing my statin prescription go from $3.34 last time to $30.00 for renewal of the same gardenia prescription is “Isn’t it time for that low level nuclear burst that I’ve always wanted dropped on Washington, DC?”

Don't think I'm kidding! that's actually my question! And BTW, this is exactly why we have the Second Amendment, Buddy Boy, it ain't for shooting squirrels!

See how Pynchon's theme works? I ask the wrong question, they send out the SWAT team to collect me, and sure enough they don't have to worry about the answer. 

So my next question is dubyateeeffoh?

TW+