Friday the Fifteenth

This cold is all-consuming. Zero energy, zero appetite, and no wine with all these pills. Well, the chocolate on the tongue feels and tastes perfect at the moment, with the coffee, so that’s good. How did I get this cold? Dunno. Always, I’m careful about the sanitary towel before taking a cart in stores. Don’t touch eyes, etc but there was a momentary lapse at some point, wasn’t there.

Last evening after we had Kristen’s little 23rd birthday supper, I gathered before the TV to watch the debates, the GOP debates. Didn’t look at the clock, but halfway into it I turned off the TV and to bed, regretfully, as I was hoping to see fireworks. Closest I got was Ted from Canada attacking Donald’s Scottish grandmother. At any event, seems to me we are down to three, eh? All the others, on the defensive, are too nice and what they say is generally turn the mouth on, replay the record, and doze off. Seems to me I just read that we are refreshing our nuclear arsenal, someone should ask the candidates “Would you use nuclear weapons?” and let’s see if we have a Curtis LeMay in the ring.

The other thing is the Episcopal Church has been sidelined in the Anglican Communion for three years because most of the 38 provinces oppose General Convention’s action on same-sex marriage last summer. Anyone who couldn’t see this coming out of the 2003 action on Gene Robinson was asleep. What’s going to happen at the end of our three year suspension is clear: instead of being part of General Motors anymore, we’re going to be selling Studebakers.


Pax all the same. And I love Studebakers.


Thos+