hurrication continues


When all is said and done, the Truth is that the reason I so loved our Disney cruises were the buffet breakfasts in the restaurant on the top deck at the stern of the ship: all you want serve yourself lox and soft-scrambled eggs. Only Linda and Disney present eggs scrambled to my taste. And as long as it's a bit salty (otherwise, add a touch of Kikkoman soy sauce) life offers few better mornings than paper-thin sliced smoked salmon. Well, my dozen oysters on toast baked in the toaster oven, but that's not in this morning's competition. 

One of my thoughts through this hurrication has been another Disney cruise, on the Disney Wonder if possible, because on that ship at least I'm confident of the breakfast buffet, and perhaps another cruise and another and another and another. But then yesterday, meandering down the seafood showcase in Fresh Market, I see they have lox. And a rhetorical question occurs to me: why the hell should I go to sea - - which I've done more than quite enough in my lifetime and (except for the USN destroyer duty that I so loved) rather despise and frankly don't care a Rat'sA for either being at sea or the ports of call except for the Columbian Emeralds shop in Nassau, where I enjoy buying stuff for Linda in spite of her protests - - simply for the smoked salmon on the buffet breakfast, when I can get lox right here? 

Rhetorical as I say, as I finish a light breakfast of lox (touch of Kikkoman SS, touch of H's mayo) on saltine crackers. Black coffee. Here at the breakfast table in our latest condo, as I look out on the swimming pool, which I think is heated. 



It's all good. In fact, Life Is Good as I need continuously to remind myself. We had an extreme hurricane, Michael who thought he was a gardenia tornado, but we didn't have a wildfire.

My free online subscription to Poem-A-Day is paying off to my delight, tastes and benefit. Here's this morning's offering:     

http://academyofamericanpoets.cmail19.com/t/ViewEmail/y/0025EDEFEFDB088E/40AC220ED423E1D0E89F0E32AAFB68BF