7H


Okay, I've been challenged to continue saying and writing my almost daily piece no matter what, which prompted Linda to say that now I've committed to a dear friend, she, Linda, can stop badgering me about it. So, I'll try. This font is Trebuchet, which I like even though the upper case "I" is sans serif, because the lower case "l" has such a cute little foot. Some years ago I tried switching fonts from time to time, looking for one with an l.c. "g" that I liked, and did find one but that slipped away when I changed computers as I recall. 

I liked it because the lower case "G" with a nice twist had a curling over feather like a Nevada quail, California quail, Gambel's quail.



The font, I'll search and find it again. Meantime may use Trebuchet for a while unless researching it discloses moral issues. Get outta here: can fonts have moral problems? Well, yes. Which is why my default font is Helvetica instead of Arial or Verdana. 

We were in town today. Don't tell anyone my lunch was two dozen half-shell in StAndrews at the Salty Dawg. Second time I've been there, and I like SD better than it's larger and parent Shrimp Boat because SD feels and looks a bit rundown as an oyster bar should, though there were no flies inside. But, and for the second time, unless you order a platter of oysters half-shell, like if you order a sandwich or fish tacos, you are ignored and service is terrible, horrendous, abominable beyond the pale. This is not a criticism, it's just advice that if you go there, go for the oysters or go to Chick-fil-A.

Mail service suspended at Harbour Village because it's a construction zone, temporarily we have a box, so we went to the downtown Post Office to pick up our week's mail. Quite frankly, the staff running the place ain't worth a gardenia as not giving a rat's ax about customer service, but then they don't have to, do they! Doesn't matter though, walking from car to the front door and into the lobby brings back all the best memories of doing exactly that exactly there every day from the time I was about ten (we had P O Box 1243) all the way through high school. Memories are personal and mine are different from yours.

While in StAndrews we parked on the marina and went up to 7H. All four elevators, including our elevators in the south tower, are running, and we walked round to the south lobby, pressed 7 and rode up, a great feeling. As I unlocked our door, the cold air hit me in the face, the all new air conditioning system installed and seemingly perfect, progress, joy. 

We happily embrace the short drive across Hathaway Bridge to Breakfast Point now, and do not in the least miss the, what?, 25 mile drive out across Philips Inlet Bridge to Walton County and Rosemary Beach. But I'm getting the message that folks have shared with me over the years about not wanting to, and all the nuisance bother of "Going Across The Bridge" -> if and when I ever get back in 7H for serious, I don't propose ever again to venture west beyond the college.

Happy Saturday and see you at church.

T+