Kermit & mac'n

Hoping yesterday's attendance at church and Sunday School meant a big crowd enjoying Shell Island Sunday in the sun, sand and sea across the Bay. Pictures posted looked like a perfect day. All of it made possible by our prayers at both services, for a beautiful spring-summer day, not too hot, no sunburn, and no thunderstorms.

What did I miss? On television, local news last evening reported introduction of the first Mac Cheese Fest in Okaloosa County. I've loved mac'n in my Time. Now and then my mother would bake a large casserole of macaroni and cheese as the main dish for supper, and it was so good. What kind of cheese, IDK. For ready made, Stouffers have a good product now, but nothing tastes as good as memories. Charlotte likes mac'n. Lilly likes mac'n, and sometimes there's a bit leftover in the refrigerator and I take a fork and eat just one bite. Other than that, I'm looking the other way and thinking of other things not so loaded with starch and fat. But one unique I remember is the mac & cheese at Stinky's in Santa Rosa Beach. I didn't have a serving, but a bite of someone's at the table. Three cheese as I recall, white instead of yellow, seashell pasta, exceptional.

Monday morning, here we are. Staff meeting at church, IDK, maybe? Staff weekly through school years and monthly summertime, then from time to time after Hurricane Michael. Everyone was spread all over, and though comfortable, I'm still spread all over. 

The world is like Narnia with Queen Jadis the White Witch, and Mr. Tumnus the Faun saying "It's been winter for ever so long. Always winter and never Christmas". To which, appalled, Lucy Pevensie commiserates, "How awful".

Sunday dinner. Pint of oysters bought at Buddy Gandy's on the way home from church, forked out of the pint container one by one and about every third one dragged lightly through a puddle of Tabasco. Martini: couldn't get the cap off my shaker, so in a small, thick glass, tsp vermouth from Italia over ice and let unite with the ice. oz Plymouth gin from London. oz Svedka vodka from Sweden, winter wheat, don't recall ever having a potato vodka, I wonder can the difference be tasted? & the piece de resistance, 3 anchovy-stuffed olives. Not dirty, no olive juice. Stir prayerfully, sip slowly, oyster by oyster. 

Sunday after High Priestly Nap: exercise by swinging small girl on her playground set. Tried to get a pic of the tiny green frog eyeing us from an adjacent swing seat, no luck. I called him Kermit. She said "I'm naming him Ray, for my dad". 
Sunday supper, two open face sandwiches on extra thin whole wheat bread. One salmon salad made with fresh salmon, mayo and celery. Last time it had chopped onion, maybe onion again next time. One jumbo lump crabmeat, mayo, squeeze of lemon.

POD, what's on for today? IDK&IDC, but life is good in spite of.

Let's everybody give it up for Hurricane Michael!! 

The sound of one hand clapping.

RSF&PTL
T