Former Attorney General Jeff Sessions told prosecutors in 2018 that “we need to take away children” from their families at the US-Mexico border. His then-deputy, Rod Rosenstein, added that it did not matter how young the children were.

+++++++++

    During this time leading up to the election, I avoid political comments in my blog. But the headline about separating children from their parents, nursing infants, little ones, toddlers, frightened children and terrified parents, is the story of a godless nation, in our Time, the deepest my country has descended into the inhumanity that fed the German holocaust and our centuries of slavery

; conscienceless, racist government of evil men. Comes to mind the separation of families as boxcar loads of Jews disembark at concentration camps. Not until My Lai could I have believed it about America and Americans. Reading it, I am ashamed again. Ashamed of my country, though not surprised at government, especially federal government, most especially not surprised at the Justice Department. Power corrupts.

    Ashamed and horrified, I want no part in my life, ever or ever again, anyone who in any way whatsoever, including by the ballot, would support such unspeakably heartless unforgivable meanness to other human beings. There are the naive, innocent and witless who will insist that theologically there is nothing that cannot be forgiven; but they are wrong. Matthew 18:6, whoever hurts one of these little ones who belong to me, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung about his neck and he were drowned in the depth of the sea. The political scene is well rid of Sessions and Rosenstein. Who's next? Thus you shall cleanse Israel of this evil. Dedicated meanness to a child is unforgivable. Hate, hatred, abuse of human beings as a national policy is not forgivable. Revocable but not forgivable. One nation under God indeed.