good taste & bad taste

Breakfast, Tuesday morning breakfast before we go vote in the municipal election then to the church office to see about running more handouts for Episcopal-101, and back home to 7H.

Breakfast is coffee club hot & black in my faux blue willow monster mug, the last bit of broiled Spanish mackerel, egg salad with duck eggs, hens eggs, mayo, capers & chives. Oh, and that's a small serving of meds on my pill fish. Linda sets my pills out on my pill fish so I can't pretend to forget them. There's a heart pill, a dizzy pill, and a couple of other things. My doctor asked, what non-prescription meds do you take? and I said, I have no idea - - I just swallow whatever my wife puts out for me. He said, Good, keep it up, whatever she's giving you is working.

There's the story of the man in the bar who bought a drink for the woman next to him. She seemed sad, so he asked if she was okay. Turns out she was a three-time widow and her third husband had just died.

Oh my. What happened to your first husband?

He died from eating poison mushrooms.

Oh, I'm so sorry. What happened to your second husband?

He died from eating poison mushrooms. 

Oh, again, how tragic, that's shocking. What about your third husband?

His skull was split open with an axe.

Oh my God, what happened?

He wouldn't eat his mushrooms.

+++++++

Twice a day, I just take whatever Linda puts on my pill fish, three or four pills every morning, half a dozen or seven every evening. Carved or machined with a shallow bowl in it, the little wooden fish is from one of the boutique shops in Apalachicola. It's on Market Street, the same shop where Linda bought goat's milk soap and I bought shaving soap, a shaving brush, and a little round ceramic bowl to hold the shaving soap: it has fish around the edge.

++++++++++

About Time for another day trip to Apalachicola, eh? Oysters, a little shopping spree, and a drive around the beloved town where we lived and loved for the years I was the priest at Trinity Church. 

Apalachicola and Trinity Church, places of the heart.

RSF&PTL

T