Thursday Apr 20

 Yes, it's a tad chilly in here, but socks on my feet and the blanket on my lap, legs and feet make up for it. Linda likes it cool during the night and that's fine with me, she puts an extra blanket on my side of the bed. 

Up early after the emergency alert warning screamed at three-something this morning. Now, this is a drill, this is a drill, no matter, I'd been thinking to sleep until six o'clock but four o'clock is fine. Mug of hot & black along with open the computer and read the news. Scanning what google brought up, from different sources I read several essays, the most recent I could find, about That and Why religion is declining in America, more "Nones" than ever, and growing. Not only in America, one essay was about religion declining in Germany during the pandemic. 

Here as well - - our congregation is strong and faithful for very many reasons, but we and every church congregation must have experienced decrease in Sunday attendance during the pandemic, folks not returning in full measure afterward. Why? New and convenient habits formed, is my theory. Life evolves.

Closing down those articles and scanning emails and other news. Along with second mug of hot & black, six multi-grain saltine crackers, each with a sizable smear of chicken liver pate. One of those moments: life don't git no better'n nishere, nomesane? How could the moment have been improved? Couldn't have.

Sunny 61°F  79% humidity  Wind NE 5 mph  We have been enjoying dinner on 7H porch watching the birds and water traffic.

RSF&PTL

T