trident

 


"My friends, life is short, and we haven't much Time," so Death, in articles online and a current essay in The Atlantic, I've been reading about death, a suggestion for increasing happiness and satisfaction with use of Time. Nobody wants to arrive at the end of life filled with regrets about things we didn't do and say. And as one counselor put it, he'd never yet had a patient who, nearing life's end, said, "Oh how I regret not spending more Time at the office," it's more likely to be regrets for not spending more Time with family and loved ones. 

But then, how we invest or spend our Time is the proof of our values in life. 

As a matter of fact, I do have regrets: during my Navy years and business years after Navy retirement, I was the ultimate workaholic, including working Saturdays and Sundays when we could have been out on family adventures. 

The suggestion that I've read is to change one's life by a simple thought. When I wake up each morning, think to myself, Life is short and I'm going to die soon, but I do have this one day: how shall I use it? 

That sort of deliberate approach to life and Time, instead of drifting along day to day with no thought about how life is moving along toward the grave whether we think about it or not. 

++++++++

We are in Wildwood south of Crawfordville, which is as close to Tallahassee as we drive anymore; and, honestly, as far as we drive anywhere. Charlotte is graduating from Lincoln High School this morning at the Civic Center in Tallahassee, and we are here to witness. Expecting Tass or Jeremy to pull up in front of our hotel in about thirty minutes, to drive us up to Tallahassee for the day.

Yesterday a stop in Apalachicola for coffee and a freshly baked, scrumptiously warm spanakopita at Apalachicola Chocolate and Coffee Company, Linda shopped a bit, then on to Panacea

for lunch with Tass and Jeremy at Trident, a waterfront restaurant tucked back off US98 on the bay or bayou. I was impressed


with that the tables actually had idols to worship while we waited for our meals to be served. Who's the god of the sea who wields the trident? Neptune, I reckon, eh?

time to go

happy day

RSF&PTL

T