Tuesday

 A morning in May 2023, 72°F, 90% humidity. Instead of fresh, a bit heavy for so early and tending toward fog. 

We had a nice day yesterday, but white-out fog for a few minutes at one point, during which Linda heard a ship's horn right off shore, and a ship for which we had been watching and waiting, 

slipped past 7H and on to the West Terminal to load wood pellets for Immingham Dock, UK and leave port 11 May. Bunun Brave 600x100. Here's

another shot about her, from a second vessel search website online.

For many reasons, my all time favorite place to have lived in my lifetime is Apalachicola, which I've loved since I was a boy of ten and eleven first visiting there with my father right after World War Two, in connection with his fish business. But my all time favorite spot on earth is 7H, which is like living on a cruise ship that's docked in St Andrews, Florida and my stateroom looking out on St Andrews Bay. Next port of call -> -> and I'm in no hurry.

We learned short division at Cove School, then we were taught long division, which I could not grasp until an evening we visited my Weller grandparents at their home on West Caroline Boulevard and Ann Weller, my first cousin, taught me how to do it. On the way home that evening I rejoiced that I'd finally "got it" and I remember being surprised that my mother, who had been trying hard to teach me, was irked that I had learned instantly from Ann, instead of pleased that I'd finally got it. We learn about life as we live it, not only math, which is fun and good, but about minding relationships and what not to say when and to whom!

Time for my second mug of hot & black.

T