Tuesday taking shape

 


Tuesday morning early, 3:47 o'clock. From 7H porch, August's second full moon hanging low in the clear western sky just above Thomas Drive. Stars, a stationary satellite winking high and to my left, but lightning in low clouds across the full range of the horizon over the Gulf, far enough off to the south of me that there's no thunder.

Some city sounds down the shoreline to the east, and rippling sea sounds in St Andrews Bay at my feet seven floors down. A cool, gentle breeze coming in, and with it the sound of light rain: it may be drizzling, too dark to see and I'm too settled to get up and step over to the balcony rail and hold my hand out. No, I'm sure it's raining.

Eleven inches from my nose, the lily-like fragrance of two blossoms on a flowering plant that seems to be thriving out here. Linda's a gardener and makes wherever we are bright with plants and herself.

"All the rest have thirty-one" -> August 2023 closing down on us before the week's out, along with Hurricane Idalia, which we are minding closely,

ratcheting up from H to M for Major storm before making landfall late tonight, early tomorrow morning. Our star weather forecaster and chief meteorologist said last evening that he thinks the eye of the hurricane will pass over Perry, Florida, scary news for an especially close friend: all flying objects inside or tied down before sunset today, and I don't know about the geese. 

Thunder sounds now, but not related to the hurricane:


My day, our Tuesday after an overly-busy Monday shaping up with one thing on the calendar, Kristen's car to Bay Town Tire to be checked out. I'll pick up the car at her school just before eight o'clock. 

Bright, sharp burst of lightning just to the south and Time for a second mug of hot & black.

RSF&PTL

T