IDK


The most important thing I learned this morning is why Coca Cola at McDonald's is better than anywhere else. Haven't eaten at the Big M in years, but it was always noticeable their Cokes were better best. Their French fries as well. To most places, the Coke syrup is delivered in plastic bags, but it's delivered to McDonald's in stainless steel drums to preserve freshness. Makes sense. I remember especially good ice-cold Coca Cola in a glass at old time soda fountains too. IDK, maybe they squirted a teensy extra bit of syrup.

We used to have a cheeseburger at Sonic Drive-In from time to time, but in recent years our only fast food has been Chick-fil-A, which anymore is best by far, and their waffle fries. There used to be a drive-thru in Tallahassee that had the best fish sandwich, thick and huge, with the fish sticking out both ends of the bun. It was a chain; seems to me twenty-five years ago there was one Nicholas and I stopped at somewhere between Apalachicola and West Palm Beach, but I don't remember the name of it. That franchise chain may be out of business anymore.

The worst I've ever had was being the first customer at KFC one day. The one on 23rd Street. We had company, so for lunch I went there for a large box of fried chicken. I paid, and the worker went to the refrigerator, took out leftover product from the evening before, heated it in the microwave, boxed it up and handed it to me. It will be a cold day in Hell before ever again I buy anything from Colonel Sanders. 

Oh my, I should have said Aitch or 7734. I keep forgetting: this blog is now linked on our parish website, so I promised myself not to use hell or damn or my floral or alphabetically camouflaged profanity, so I may have to come back through with a sanitizer before punching Publish. But KFC does it to me. And the new and unimproved Dunkin' donuts. And - - oh never mind. WTH. Whatever.

Breakfast. Good Seed bread toasted and spread thick with the chicken salad from that place in Lynn Haven. Can't remember the name of it, not Victoria's Secret, but that's close and it's all that comes to mind at the early morning moment.



Calm out here on 7H porch this morning. 82F 71%. We've already had one short rain spell. Sky is overcast, which colors the flat Bay silver. One boat out there, can you see it? Moving slowly, maybe they're trolling for something, IDK.

T